General admission for the Genius Gems experience:
Adults: $15 + tax per person
Children ages 2 and up: $15 + tax per person
Children 23 months or younger: There is no charge only if they are accompanying an older sibling. The cost for children under the age of 2 that come without siblings is $15 + tax per child.
Send a gift instantly in any amount you choose. Please note, e-gift cards are currently only valid for use in-person in our store. Not valid for our online store. We also have standard gift cards available in our store for purchase. Just ask one of our staff members for assistance.BUY E-GIFT CARDS
WHAT DOES A GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET INCLUDE?
- Access to everything in our main space, including our collection of over 30,000 magnetic tiles, our custom magnetic light wall, stations featuring Ozobot® line-following robots, Cubelets® robotics and LEGOs®, Candy Tiles, and much more.
- We offer hundreds of laminated 2D and 3D magnetic tile designs to choose from that allow you to build incredible projects quickly, or you can design anything you can imagine, from towers to ping pong ball marble shoots!
- We award tokens for completing our design challenges, which can be exchanged for prizes (including slime) in our gift shop. Adults receive tokens for building, too - we encourage it!
- All activities are facilitated by our talented and friendly staff in a clean, bright, museum-like setting.
- We offer cafe seating (outdoors only), a gift shop featuring magnetic tiles and robots for sale, freshly-brewed espresso drinks, fresh cheese pizza, and healthy grab and go options for sale. Many food items we sell are vegan and/or gluten free and/or Kosher.
- As an optional extra, customers can make their own slime in our Slime Bar, where you choose from a menu of custom creative slimes - and leave the mess to us! Cost is $6 for basic slime and $8 for premium slime per container.
- Free WiFi.
- Free on-site parking.
ARE RESERVATIONS REQUIRED? ARE WALK-INS ALLOWED?
You much purchase tickets online in advance. No walk-ins allowed.
HOW LONG IS EACH VISIT?
Each visit is 90 minutes.
WHAT AGE IS THIS FOR?
Our main space is primarily for ages 4-12, but in reality everyone from teens to adults finds something they love doing at Genius Gems. We have even hosted awesome parties for teens and adults at night! For the youngest ones, ages 3-5, we offer a dedicated room adjacent to the main space that features age-appropriate activities. For ages 10 and up, we offer more complex design challenges, from Tower Defense to Marble Runs, and they can also explore our large collection of Cubelets, Ozobots and other hands-on robotics.
CAN I DROP MY CHILD OFF?
During general admission/open play, a parent/guardian is required to remain present at all times, and is responsible for his or her child at all times. Note: we do not permit caregivers to use headphones or ear plugs, as caregivers are expected to be directly supervising their children at all times. Drop off is only permitted when a child is enrolled in a class, camp, and certain special events. Again, we are not a day care, and parents/guardians should never leave a child unattended at Genius Gems for general admission play.
DO I HAVE TO TAKE OFF MY SHOES TO PLAY?
Guests can keep their shoes on when in our outdoor Terrace. Guests are NOT permitted to wear shoes on carpeted areas inside our space, so don’t forget a pair of socks! We have a coat closet where you may leave your shoes. We also offer socks or booties for sale ($2 per pair) at our concession area.
DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS?
Please check our social media (@geniusgemsllc) for special and limited time offers.
WHAT DO ADULTS DO AT GENIUS GEMS?
Many parents and caregivers enjoy getting hands-on and participating in everything we offer, from magnetic tile building to playing with robots. We find the more involved the caregivers get, the more they love the Genius Gems experience.
IS THERE PARKING AT GENIUS GEMS?
Yes, there is ample free parking on-site, so you never have to stress about feeding the meter or finding a space. We are also conveniently located within walking distance of the Millburn train station.
I HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS
If you have any other questions, please e-mail us.
WHAT IS YOUR ALLERGY POLICY?
No outside food is permitted. Please see our Allergy Policy.
Please read our safety policy here regarding COVID-19.