Genius Gems is committed to safety.
Genius Gems has always been ahead of the curve when it comes to cleanliness. In March 2020--when COVID was just getting started in this country--we closed our indoor space to the public after consulting with medical experts. We did this even before the government required all NJ businesses to close. We did it because we knew it was the right thing for our customers, our staff, and our community.
As of September 6, 2022, masks will be optional. In the event of a COVID surge and Essex County is considered high risk, masks may be required again.
All staff at Genius Gems are fully vaccinated.
Any eating takes place outdoors on our Genius Gems Terrace. Please ask a staff member to help you with our heat lamps. Thank you for respecting our policies and for keeping our kids safe.
We adapt and innovate to meet the community's needs.
We are committed to creating valuable programs in a safe environment, and we adapt to meet the needs of our community. This spring, when we realized that we could not offer our regular in-person camp experience, we developed a hybrid summer camp program. It became incredibly popular, attended by for over 500 campers in 18 states and three countries. This summer, we also unveiled our beautiful outdoor Terrace, where we currently host outdoor birthdays, camps, and classes. We also launched our very own GeniusLinks STEM products, our online store, and our innovative 3D Design Bar so that we can bring the best of Genius Gems right to customers' doors.
Best-in-class cleaning and sanitizing
Cleanliness is, and has always been, a top priority for us. Here are the steps we take to ensure that our space is clean and sanitary:
- We have a professional cleaning team that has added additional EPA-approved hospital grade cleaning products to wipe down surfaces. Surfaces are wiped down during the 30 minutes between time slots.
- We have 5 Molekule air filters throughout our space that purify the air and break down pollutants at a molecular level. Molekule devices meet the performance criteria recommended by FDA guidelines for use in reducing exposure to SARS-CoV-2 in healthcare settings.
- We have 2 new PüreSpace antimicrobial systems, which disperses food-grade antimicrobial vapor that kills 99.9% of viruses and bacteria. This disinfecting vapor continually sanitizes our magnetic tile collection. We also periodically clean tiles with soap and water.
- We operate our 5 HVAC fans throughout the day to filter air.
- We have added additional oscillating fans throughout our space to further promote air flow.
- We limit the number of people in our space at any one time. All tickets must be purchased in advance.
- We have numerous hand foaming sanitizer stations setup throughout our space. We periodically remind guests to wash hands during their visit.
- We will be discouraging cash payments for sanitary reasons. Literally everything we offer at Genius Gems can now be purchased online.
- We have a team of staff members that sweep and wipe down surfaces with disinfecting wipes throughout the day.