Cancellation Policy for Winter Classes 2020
Classes are fully refundable (less $25 per registration deposit) prior to November 5, 2020. You may email us your refund request at firstname.lastname@example.org and our response (within 24 hours) will be confirmation of receipt of your email. If you do not hear from us then we have not received your request.
If you notify us via email that you wish to cancel your registration between November 6 and November 10, 2020, 50% of the tuition will be refunded. After November 10, 2020, no refunds will be issued.
- Emergencies: If you have a medical or family emergency and are unable to attend the session please contact us as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate you, however, refunds are at the discretion of the education director.
- Last minute cancellations: If and only if we have a waiting list and can fill your spot, we will refund you less a $25 processing fee per registration.
- Switching sections: If and only if we have availability in another class, you may make one switch per semester to another class for no additional cost. Genius Gems reserves the right to charge a $10 administrative fee per additional change request for any additional requested schedule changes.
- Refunds will not be given if:
- A child is removed from the class due to behavioral issues.
- A child decides to drop out of the program early/before the end of classes.
- Your child is sick and either stayed home from, or was sent home from class due to fever or other ailments.
- Refunds/credits will not be issued for missed classes.
- Makeup policy: You may make up one class per session. Makeups may or may not be granted for excessive missed classes or travel. For example, if you go on vacation for two weeks, you may make up one of the two missed classes.
In the case of extreme weather (i.e. storms, heavy snow/rain, freezing temperatures), Genius Gems will offer a choice of either taking the class virtually for that day, or attending the class indoors with masks, social distancing, and air purifiers. We will notify families via email soon as possible regarding any schedule changes.
Although Genius Gems expects to run this program on our outdoor terrace, in the event that local or state health authorities prohibit us from holding our classes in-person, Genius Gems reserves the right to hold the classes virtually for the remainder of the term. In this situation, families would be asked to pick up materials from Genius Gems. There will be no refunds or credits issued for withdrawing from the program under such circumstances.