Cancellation Policy for Winter Classes 2021
Classes are fully refundable (less 10% per registration deposit) prior to November 10, 2021. You may email us your refund request at email@example.com and our response (within 24 hours) will be confirmation of receipt of your email. If you do not hear from us then we have not received your request.
If you notify us via email that you wish to cancel your registration between November 11 and December 10, 2021, 50% of the tuition will be refunded. After December 10, 2021, no refunds will be issued.
- Last minute cancellations: If and only if we have a waiting list and can fill your spot, we will refund you less a $25 processing fee per registration.
- Switching sections: If and only if we have availability in another class, you may make one switch per semester to another class for no additional cost. Genius Gems reserves the right to charge a $10 administrative fee per additional change request for any additional requested schedule changes.
- Refunds will not be given if:
- A child is removed from the class due to behavioral issues.
- A child decides to drop out of the program early/before the end of classes.
- Your child is sick and either stayed home from, or was sent home from class due to fever or other ailments.
- A family decides they no longer wish to enroll in the class.
- A family decides they have a conflict with another program and opt not to take the Genius Gems class.
- Refunds/credits will not be issued for missed classes.
- Makeup policy: You may make up one class per session, depending on availability. Makeups may or may not be granted for excessive missed classes or travel. For example, if you go on vacation for two weeks, you may make up one of the two missed classes. Makeup classes are based on availability and must be scheduled at least 2 weeks before the end of the session.
- COVID-19: If your child has been exposed to someone who tests positive for COVID, we ask them to quarantine according to the CDC regulations. Your child will be able to take one make up class following the quarantine period. In general, Genius Gems will not issue refunds or credits due to quarantines or concerns regarding COVID-19 cases in the area.
Genius Gems plans to hold as many classes as possible outdoors. In the case of inclement weather (i.e. storms, snow, heavy wind/rain, chance of thunder/lightening, real feel temperatures near or below freezing), Genius Gems will hold the classes indoors. No refunds, credits or makeup classes will be issued for holding class indoors.
Although Genius Gems expects to run this program in-person, in the event that local or state health authorities prohibit us from holding our classes in-person, Genius Gems reserves the right to hold the classes virtually for the remainder of the term. In this situation, families would be asked to pick up any necessary materials from Genius Gems each week. There will be no refunds or credits issued for withdrawing from the program under such circumstances.