If you pay for Summer Camp 2021 (virtual or in-person) and decide to cancel, we will refund your payment in accordance with the following schedule and conditions. By providing payment to us, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.
1. For cancellation requests received prior to March 1, 2021, we will refund 90% of your payment.
2. For cancellation requests received between March 2, 2021 and May 1, 2021, we will refund 50% of your payment.
3. After May 1, 2021, no refunds or credits will be given.
How to Request a Cancellation within the Timeline Above:
You may email us your refund request at email@example.com and our response within 24 hours will be confirmation of receipt of your email. If you do not hear from us than we have not received your request. All requests must be in writing via email (not by phone or by informing a Genius Gems staff member).
What if my child is exposed to or contracts COVID-19 right before camp starts?
Our #1 priority is the safety of our campers and our staff. For in-person camp, if your child has been exposed or contracted COVID-19 within 14 days prior to camp, please let us know immediately by reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We ask you to follow state and local rules regarding quarantine. If you are able to switch to a virtual program, we will offer you this option pending availability, or the opportunity to switch to another week. If there are no other weeks available, we will give you a full credit.
What if I decide I'm concerned about COVID-19, and I no longer want my child to participate in-person?
If you decide you no longer wish to attend in-person due to COVID-19 cases in your area, we can offer you the chance to participate in our virtual program, depending upon availability. There will be a $10 administrative fee per change for switching either from in-person to virtual, or from one week to another. Refunds will only be given in the timeline indicated above, and no refunds or credits will be issued if there is no longer availability or if you decline participation in the virtual program.
What if I decide I no longer want my child to attend a virtual program, and I do not live near Genius Gems?
If you decide you no longer wish to attend virtually, please see the cancellation timeline above. If you do not wish to participate in the live instruction, we will offer you the opportunity to receive the materials with instructions to take part in the experiments on your own time. No refunds or credits will be issued for withdrawing from the virtual program after the above timeline.
Neither refunds nor credits will be given:
- If a child is asked to leave the program due to behavioral issues, including not following rules or instructions from Genius Gems staff.
- If a child missed a day or more of camp, or dropped out of camp early.
- A family moves and can no longer attend camp.
- If a family decides they no longer wish to participate in the program for any reason.
- If a child is not yet fully potty trained at the beginning of camp (in-person camp only). This is a requirement to attend our camp.
Unfortunately, but we do not offer makeup days for missed days of camp, including if a child is sick or left the program early.
If you wish to switch to another camp week or from in-person to virtual (or vice versa), there will be a $10 administrative fee per change.
In signing up for our Genius Gems STEM Summer Camp program, you acknowledge that you agree to the terms and conditions set forth in our cancellation policy.