Cancellation Policy for Spring Classes 2021
Classes are fully refundable (less 10% per registration deposit) prior to February 8, 2021. You may email us your refund request at email@example.com and our response (within 24 hours) will be confirmation of receipt of your email. If you do not hear from us then we have not received your request.
If you notify us via email that you wish to cancel your registration between February 8 and February 15, 2021, 50% of the tuition will be refunded. After February 15, 2021, no refunds will be issued.
- Last minute cancellations: If and only if we have a waiting list and can fill your spot, we will refund you less a $25 processing fee per registration.
- Switching sections: If and only if we have availability in another class, you may make one switch per semester to another class for no additional cost. Genius Gems reserves the right to charge a $10 administrative fee per additional change request for any additional requested schedule changes.
- Refunds will not be given if:
- A child is removed from the class due to behavioral issues.
- A child decides to drop out of the program early/before the end of classes.
- Your child is sick and either stayed home from, or was sent home from class due to fever or other ailments.
- A family decides they no longer wish to enroll in the class.
- Refunds/credits will not be issued for missed classes.
- Makeup policy: You may make up one class per session. Makeups may or may not be granted for excessive missed classes or travel. For example, if you go on vacation for two weeks, you may make up one of the two missed classes.
- COVID-19: If your child has been exposed to someone who tests positive for COVID, we ask them to quarantine according to the CDC regulations. Your child will be able to attend the class virtually during the quarantine period. We would ask you to pick up any materials prior to the class. In general, Genius Gems will not issue refunds or credits due to quarantines or concerns regarding COVID-19 cases in the area.
Genius Gems plans to hold as many classes as possible outdoors. In the case of inclement weather (i.e. storms, heavy snow/rain, real feel temperatures near or below freezing), Genius Gems will offer a choice of either taking the class virtually for that day, or attending the class indoors with masks, social distancing, and air purifiers. We will notify families via email soon as possible regarding any schedule changes.
Although Genius Gems expects to run this program in-person, in the event that local or state health authorities prohibit us from holding our classes in-person, Genius Gems reserves the right to hold the classes virtually for the remainder of the term. In this situation, families would be asked to pick up materials from Genius Gems. There will be no refunds or credits issued for withdrawing from the program under such circumstances.