Join your friends online for an enriching and structured STEM summer camp program—all from the comfort of home. For ages 6-12. Read the testimonials here from our first week of camp!
Materials and STEM kits will be assembled at Genius Gems and delivered to your door at no additional cost! Our camp is open to students all over the country. Currently, we have campers enrolled from 18 different states and 2 foreign countries! Please note, all camp times are listed in Eastern Standard Time.
Waitlists: Due to high demand, some of our weeks may have a waitlist. Please note, these are active waitlists that we check daily. If we have enough students in an age group and we have the teaching staff, we will consider opening a new section. There is definitely a chance of your child being cleared off the waitlist. There is no cost to be added to the waitlist, please complete the registration process. To meet the demand, we are currently hiring additional teachers. For waitlisted weeks, we hope to be able to open an additional section, and will let you know as soon as possible. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
1. A Hybrid of Hands-On Learning and Virtual Instruction.
- We will deliver a box of STEM materials directly to your door, at no extra charge. Each week will feature a totally different set of materials that reflect the activities and theme for the week. All of the materials will be yours to keep.
- Our educators will lead your child virtually through each project, ensuring that your child is learning throughout the process. For example, when we are making a Harry Potter light up LED wand for Harry Potter Week, each child will have the materials in front of them, and they will be coached live virtually by our instructors on how to make the wand.
- Over the course of each week, students will have the opportunity to design and 3D print some amazing pieces. We will take their designs and print them at Genius Gems. We will send your child's finished project right to your home after week's end.
- Our Design Lab at Genius Gems features 16 3D printers, a UV printer, a Glowforge Pro Laser Printer and a Chocolate 3D Printer. Together these tools make a trifecta of creative potential. Your child will be able to see their project being made on these machines, and we will explain to them the science behind how they work.
- See the photos on this site for examples of the kinds of projects your child will be able to make at Genius Gems Summer Camp.
- We know that children learn best in small group settings. Our virtual classes will have no more than 8 students per group.
- Our teachers are highly skilled at engaging all students, ensuring they are on task and participating, and sparking their interest and curiosity in STEM.
- Our teachers are experts at using online tools: they know how and when to use the mute button, and how to excite children through a highly interactive and engaging lesson.
- Genius Gems summer camp features exciting STEM experiments, engineering projects, robotics, coding and other science activities centered around weekly themes.
- For all of our campers, each week we will incorporate design time to print one project in our 3D Design Lab connected to the theme of the week.
- We recommend campers be at least 6 years old to participate.
- We offer both morning sessions (9:00AM-11:30AM EST) and afternoon sessions (12:30PM-3PM EST).
- Sign up for as many weeks as you like! Please note, morning and afternoon sessions will be very similar. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you signed up for both sessions.
- Morning sessions are $289 + tax per week. Afternoon sessions are $289 + tax per week.
- Click on the links below for availability and to register. Many of our camps sold out last summer, and we anticipate high demand due to other summer camps closing, so register early to secure your spot! If you wish to register for multiple weeks, please click here.
Week 1: June 22-26 Kitchen Chemistry Camp (SOLD OUT)Want to 3D print your own chocolate dessert? In this exciting and delicious week of summer camp, you can! With our new edible food 3D printer, campers will turn into scientists and chefs to concoct their own edible creations. In addition to 3D printed chocolate, campers will make their own ice cream, edible slime, solar oven s’mores and learn the science behind food chemistry!
Week 2: July 6-10 Coding and Game Design (SOLD OUT)Campers will learn how to design and code their own games using Scratch, Sphero, Ozobot Blockly and for our 9-12 year old campers, Java or Python. Campers will also be able to design their own interactive board games using our 3D printers and our UV printer - the same technology that we use to create our popular Robot Tracks.
Week 3: July 13-17 Harry and Hermione STEM (SOLD OUT - SEE WEEK 9!)
Harry Potter fans, take a ride onto platform 9 and 3/4 as Genius Gems transforms into Hogwarts! Join us for a week filled with Potions classes, LED wand-making at Ollivander’s, invisibility science, make your own chocolate frogs, and even watch our 3D food printer printer print chocolate frogs! Wizards will learn about electronics, design their own spell books and quills, and create some magical potions. Experience the magic of all things Harry and Hermione.
Week 4: July 20-24 Pokémon STEM (SOLD OUT)
Pokémon fans, make your own LED light-up Pokéball, 3D print a Pokémon character and challenge your friends to a battle as you learn how to play the actual strategy card game, which teaches math, strategy, logic and critical thinking. Our oldest group of campers will participate in a round-robin style Pokémon tournament for the chance to win prizes! No prior Pokémon experience required, cards for playing will be provided.
Week 5: July 27-31 LEGO Engineering and LEGO Robotics (SOLD OUT)
It’s all about LEGOs this week! Construct a LEGO robot, engineer a LEGO catapult, use our 3D printers and our UV printer to make and decorate your own LEGO pieces, and learn how to code using LEGO Boost. Our oldest group of campers will learn an introduction to LEGO Mindstorm as well.
Week 6: August 3-7 Engineering Lab and iStop Motion Camp (PLEASE NOTE: TO ENROLL, YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PICK UP YOUR MATERIALS AT GENIUS GEMS IN MILLBURN, NJ)
Art and engineering combine in this exciting week of hands-on STEM projects. Make your own LED light up jewelry and toys, 3D print and decorate your own invented characters in our 3D Design Lab, and learn how to make and film your own iStop motion videos! All campers will be designing their own engineering projects, and our 9-12 year old campers will be using 3D design software Tinkercad to customize their own projects.
Week 7: August 10-14 3D Printing and Maker Camp (ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT!)
Learn the art of 3D printing in our 3D Design Lab, featuring over a dozen 3D printers. Learn how to use design software Canva to print and design your own 3D printed keychains, mini flashlights and your own customized 3D printed pencil holder.
Week 8: August 17-21 Slime Lab and YouTube Camp (ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT!)
Slime lovers, you have just reached slime nirvana as we take you on a magical journey of slime. Make your own magnetic slime, edible slime, rainbow and unicorn slime, and create your own branded slime and YouTube video to teach the world your secret recipe! Our 9-12 year old campers will be learning the art of video editing as well.
NEW: Week 9: August 24-28 Harry and Hermione STEM
Harry Potter fans, take a ride onto platform 9 and 3/4 as Genius Gems transforms into Hogwarts! Join us for a week filled with Potions classes, LED wand-making at Ollivander’s and invisibility science. Make your own chocolate frogs and watch our own 3D food printer 3D print chocolate frogs, too! Our wizards will learn about electronics, design their own spell books and quills, and create some magical potions. Experience the magic of all things Harry and Hermione. Please note, this camp runs from 9-11 am EST or 12:30-2:30 pm EST. It will cover the same materials as week 3, we have just reduced the amount break time. Week 9 has limited availability and is only accepting wizards ages 7-12.