Cancellation Policy for Fall Classes 2022
Classes are fully refundable (less 10% per class registration) prior to July 10, 2022.
You may email us your refund request at email@example.com and our response (within 24 hours) will be confirmation of receipt of your email. If you do not hear from us then we have not received your request.
If you notify us via email that you wish to cancel your registration between July 10 and August 1, 2022, 50% of the tuition will be refunded.
After August 1, 2022, no refunds will be issued.
- Last minute cancellations: if and only if we have a waiting list and can fill your spot, we will refund you less a $25 processing fee per registration.
- Switching sections: If and only if we have availability in another class, you may make one switch per semester to another class for no additional cost. Genius Gems reserves the right to charge a $10 administrative fee per additional change request for any additional requested schedule changes.
Refunds/credits will not be issued in the following situations:
- A child is removed from the class due to behavioral issues.
- A child decides to drop out of the program early/before the end of classes.
- Your child is sick and either stayed home from, or was sent home from class due to fever or other ailments.
- A family decides they no longer wish to enroll in the class.
- A family decides they have a conflict with another program and opt not to take the Genius Gems class.
- Refunds/credits will not be issued for missed classes, or for withdrawing from the class.
- Unfortunately we cannot roll over credits to the following semester.
- You may make up one class per session, depending on availability. Makeups may or may not be granted for excessive missed classes or travel. For example, if you go on vacation for two weeks, you may make up one of the two missed classes. Makeup classes are based on availability and must be scheduled at least 2 weeks before the end of the session.
- COVID-19: If your child tests positive for COVID, we ask them to quarantine according to the CDC regulations. Your child will be able to take one make up class following the quarantine period. In general, Genius Gems will not issue refunds or credits due to quarantines or concerns regarding COVID-19 cases in the area.
Genius Gems plans to hold classes either outdoors or indoors, depending on the weather and the class. Genius Gems may hold the entire session indoors. No refunds, credits or makeup classes will be issued for holding class indoors.
For fall classes, Genius Gems plans to make masks optional, in accordance with CDC guidelines. If however, the CDC designates our county as a high risk area, Genius Gems reserves the right to require masks. No refunds or credits will be issued for withdrawing from the class due to mask policies. Thank you for respecting our policies. Please reach out with questions prior to enrolling in the class.
Although Genius Gems expects to run this program in-person, in the event that local or state health authorities prohibit us from holding our classes in-person, Genius Gems reserves the right to hold the classes virtually for the remainder of the term. In this situation, families would be asked to pick up any necessary materials from Genius Gems each week. There will be no refunds or credits issued for withdrawing from the program under such circumstances.